Did you know winter is the best time for laser skin treatments? Since your skin needs time to heal away from the sun after a laser session, cold winter weather is the perfect excuse to stay cooped up indoors. Healthier, younger-looking skin has never been easier to achieve with laser skin resurfacing. At Atagi Plastic Surgery and Skin Aesthetics, we love the age-defying powers of laser skin treatments, so much so that we provide several proven options, including MicroLaserPeel®, ProFractional™ and Halo™.
Interested to find out which treatment is best for you? Here we’ve broken down the differences and benefits of these treatments, so you can schedule your personal consultation with a better understanding of what will best address your needs and goals:
MicroLaserPeel is a minimally invasive laser skin treatment which resurfaces the outermost layers of damaged skin to reveal a healthy, youthful glow.
- Benefits: Using precisely targeted laser energy to treat a very thin layer of skin, MicroLaserPeel spurs new collagen growth and corrects skin concerns such as mild wrinkles, scars, keratosis, sun damage and pigment irregularities.
- Downtime: You can expect only a few days to a week of downtime, depending on the depth of treatment.
- Results: Within a week or two you will start to see results, but for optimal skin-renewing benefits, we recommend a series of three treatments.
- Side effects: You may experience mild swelling, redness or irritation, as well as dry, flaky skin for a few days following treatment.
As opposed to MicroLaserPeel, which treats the outermost layers of skin, ProFractional uses laser energy to renew the skin from deep within, revealing healthier, younger-looking skin on the face, neck or décolletage.
- Benefits: By creating tiny thermal micro-columns in the skin, ProFractional triggers the skin’s natural healing response, spurring new collagen growth. ProFractional also helps diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, acne scarring, enlarged pores and skin texture irregularities.
- Downtime: As the skin heals, you may experience up to a week of downtime.
- Results: You will see results in the weeks following treatment, with continued improvements appearing in time. For optimal results, we recommend a series of three treatments.
- Side effects: You may experience mild swelling, redness or irritated skin for up to a week.
For more dramatic skin resurfacing, combine MicroLaserPeel with ProFractional!
To see impressive complexion results, begin with MicroLaserPeel to remove superficial irregularities and follow it up with ProFractional to stimulate collagen production through deep fractional ablation. Our team at Atagi Skin Aesthetics will help you design an ideal treatment plan during your personal consultation.
Halo is the world’s first hybrid fractional laser, meaning it features two potent types of laser energy — ablative and non-ablative — to treat BOTH the top layer and the deep layers of your skin, revealing a brighter, more evenly-toned complexion.
- Benefits: Halo creates thousands of micro-channels to stimulate your skin’s natural healing response and spur new collagen and elastin growth. And by treating only a fraction of skin, Halo leaves a portion of the surrounding skin intact to speed healing time. Halo’s many skin-renewing benefits include reduced lines and wrinkles, smaller pores, smoother texture, brighter, more even skin tone and diminished pigmentation irregularities.
- Downtime: Depending on the intensity of your treatment, Halo can involve a few days to a week or more of social downtime as your skin renews itself.
- Results: Once finished renewing itself, you will notice immediate improvements to the tone and texture of your skin, with continued improvements appearing up to three to six months following treatment.
- Side effects: With milder treatments, you may experience a few days of pinkness and flaking. More intense treatments may result in up to a week or more of redness and flaking.