We all want to look our best for holiday events and parties. Our lives become busier than usual and sometimes it shows on our skin.
To look your best, follow these tips:
- Sunscreen: Always. No matter if its ten degrees below zero, rain, shine, sleet or snow.
- Watch What You Eat: There are so many rich and sugary foods that are plentiful this time of year. Cookies and cakes magically appear at work, in the doctor’s office and even the gym! It’s fine to indulge a little but too much and it will show on your skin. Eat a small, fiber & protein rich meal before parties and go easy on the merriment!
- Lack of Sleep? A lack of Z’s and we can appear to age overnight. Puffy eyes and face and dark under eye circles are a couple of common effects of a lack of sleep. Make an effort to get under the covers even if you’re not sleepy…yet.
- Avoid Coffee & Alcohol: Alcohol and coffee dry out the skin which make wrinkles appear deeper and more pronounced. Drink both in moderation but do drink plenty of water. Do (look for products with hyaluronic acid which attracts water to your skin).
- Dry Skin: if your skin is persistently dry, maybe your regular moisturizer isn’t doing the trick. Look for a more emollient moisturizer, designed to hydrate and soften the skin. This is a great time of year to consider an Intraceuticals Hydrating Oxygen Facial for direct oxygen infusion of hyaluronics into the skin. Perfect refresher before any holiday event.
- Schedule Your Facial a Few Days Prior to Events: Every Aesthetician will tell you that facials may bring things to the surface. Breakouts may or may not occur after facials but it is better to be on the safe side. Give yourself about 3 days’ wiggle room.