Despite the downturn in the economy, the demand for cosmetic surgery remains strong in the U.S. Popularity for minimally-invasive treatments continues to grow. Dr. Atagi’s patients are like a lot of us, they want to look good but still must consider their budgets.
Today, cosmetic surgeons perform non-surgical procedures 90% of the time. To give you an idea of how many changes plastic surgery has gone through in the past decade; in the year 2000 non-surgical procedures accounted for only 26% of cosmetic surgeons practice.
(According to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery)
In 2010 The Top Five Surgical Procedures:
- Breast Augmentation (318,123 procedures)
- Liposuction (289,016 procedures)
- Eyelid surgery (152,123 procedures)
- Abdominoplasty (144,929 procedures)
- Breast Reduction (138,152 procedures)
In 2010 The Top Five Nonsurgical procedures were:
- Botulinum Toxin treatments (2,437,165 procedures)
- Hyaluronic Acid (1,315,121 procedures)
- Laser Hair Removal (936,270 procedures)
- Laser Skin Resurfacing (562,706 procedures)
- Chemical Peels (493,896 procedures)
Dr. Atagi’s patients understand that investing in themselves delivers a high return and is a safe bet in even the most difficult economy.